Monday, September 10, 2007

First trip outside India.....Singapore!!!!!!

My first international visit was supposed to be US. But Singapore got the honor. Actually Singapore was a transit for my trip from Hyderabad to San Fransisco and it was 10 hrs long... thanks to the Singapore Airlines. So we(Krishna, Santosh and me) thought of taking an advantage of this and went to see the Sentosa Island. Its a beuatiful tourist spot with a beach and lot of other funs. We went for underground water park in which I moved in a tunnel with a huge variety of fishes and other sea animals on my either sides in glass. It was so damn exciting to see all this from so close. Some times I had the feeling as if I am moving in the sea and these animals would just touch me. Oh I forgot to tell you that there was a small pond in which we could even touch these fishes( but gently). I was so excited on this part but also a little afraid and wasnt able to touch any of the fishes as they were too fast :(. I even saw the crabs and the jelly fish for the first time.

After this, I went for the Dolphin show. This was a real fun to see the dolphins acting on the directions of the trainer. They were acting so smart and so cute. One of my frens Chetan(Singapore local) even got a chance to shake hands with dolphin. After these two exciting shows we went for the beach. It was a nice and clean beach with people enjoying in the kayaks and all. Sadly we didn't had much time to do that. So we just sat on the beach side for some time and started back to airport. On our way, we grabbed some food and also the downtown area of Singapore.....the commercial hub of the country with huge skyscrapers. Some buildings were too big and too good.

Overall, this country had a good impression on my mind but I also had a feeling that India is not far behind. We have a metro system similar to them, though we that hav the sytem of taking the tickets ourselves from the automated machines(which even accpeted notes and gave back the exact change...didnt see this even in US). Also the buses were too good and the streets were excellent with greenery and flowers all around. Yea I know there was a lot more another stuff to be explored but gosh we were running out of time. My flight was sceduled at 5:00 and i just boarded it at 4:50...I know a close call.

And finally I was on my way to San Fransisco...about which I would write more in my next blog. :)

See the pics at http://picasaweb.google.com/bansal.vikas84/Singapore

No comments: