Friday, September 14, 2007

Trip To Santa Cruz

After a long journey of 36 hours including the 10 hr exciting transit at Singapore, Santosh, Krishna and me reached San Fransisco airport and from there straight to the Mountain View hotel. We hardly got 5 hrs to sleep as our fellow Googlers have already planned an exciting trip to Santa Cruz BroadWalk. Though we were little tired and suffering from jet lag but we couldnt say no for such a wondeful trip. And obiously, weekends are not the time to sleep but to enjoy. So early in the morning we left to see the beautiful beaches. But half of the excitement came down when we missed the bus and our fellow friends. The best part of the story was that we didnt had the cell phone and I dont know why the US phone booths were very stubborn and didnt let me make any call. But somehow we managed to get hold of each other and started for the trip by boarding the bus.
Now according to our fellow Googler Vijay's directions who was playing the role of guide, we had to change the bus and take another one which goes to Santa Cruz. But we found out that the bus he figured out doesnt go there. But the driver told us some other way out. So we have to come back to the point where we started. Then finally we got the right bus. It took around an hour and went through some slopes which had beautiful sceneries( acc to Namrata) but what I observed the most were the nice cars. They were too good. And the bikes which we saw were ultimate. I wish I could own one such.
And then we reached Santa Cruz BroadWalk. It was a lovely place. The beach was huge and had an amusement park on the shore. Since we guys were very hungry, we though of grabbing a pizza. Now here I wud like to mention that US is very strange sometimes in categorising its food products in veg/non-veg. There was a vegetable dish on the menu which contained egg :D and some dishes which contained the dairy products were categorised as non veg :P
After filling up our stomaches, we started with the the real fun; we went to the beach. The water was so chilled that for the moment it looked that I am frozen. But within a minute I got used to that and started enjoying. The huge waves were hitting me with a pressure and I was enjoying fighting with them. Facing the waves without moving form my place gave me a felling of being strong and I loved that. The fun part was when the waves receded back, it took the mud along with it and u would feel as if the earth below u is moving away :). Krishna knew swimming and he went faraway into the sea and counting on him that he would save me, even I dared to go ahead a little :P.
After this cool waterbath, we went for some breath stopping rides. We started with the double shot which shot up in a flash to a height of 25 ft and gave us a free fall from there. I was so hell scared. But the real scary and daring part was the Typhoon ride. It was like the pendulum ride of other parks. But instead of taking us only to the extreme ends, they made us to revolve in a full circle. And the moment we were on the highest point , we were completely upside down. For the moment I though that I would fall down and that would be the end of everything. But thank God, these americans have tied us down properly:). And here too they gave us a free fall from the highest point which took the hell out of me again.

After this fun filled and thrilling days it was time to say goood bye to Santa Cruz and to return to our hotel. But yeah it was a nice starting of the US stay:).

The pic album along with the captions can be seen at: http://picasaweb.google.com/bansal.vikas84/SantaCruz

No comments: