Saturday, May 16, 2009

The evening at Burj Al Arab

The day I landed in Dubai, I have been hearing about this tallest hotel of the world - Burj Al Arab. Supposedly it is the only 7 star hotel. Everytime when I used to pass by the Sheikh Zayed road or the Jumeirah road, I used to look at this magnificent piece of architecture with awe and used to click its photograph from my car window. When we visited the Jumeirah beach, we clicked more pics with Burj in the background rather than having sea in background.

I decided to visit this place after I saw the documentary which described how much effort went into construction of this hotel and how its so different from other buildings. Its built a few hundred metres inside the sea in the shape of sail which looks so simple and marvelous but it took great engineering minds to build it this way.

So, Finally this weekend our entire IIMB gang thought of hitting the Skyview bar of this hotel which is suspended 250 metres above the sea level and gives you a feeling as if its just hanging in the air without any support. Having a champagne at such a place was an awesome experience and we just kept on watching Dubai from this height with admiration. This was the costliest champagne that I have had in my life and I am sure I am not breaking this record for a decade. Also, this bar holds a Guinness book of records for serving the most expensive cocktail for 27,321 AED.

As usual we had lot of pics in the restaurant and enjoyed our champagne to the fullest. Also then we spent a lot of time in the beautiful lobby and had many pics there too (afterall we had to recover our cost :P).

No comments: