Monday, May 11, 2009

Half MBA completed

I have been thinking for long about writing this post and finally I am here. I was expecting this to be the chillest term so far but it just turned out to be the opposite.

From acads point of view, it was really cool. I had to select 3 electives, that means I could choose what I want to study. That relieves some pressure. BTW, you know IIMB is the only Indian B School that offers electives in the first year itself. So, studying half of the subjects of your choice and having some subjects in the kitty which dont have mid term definitely helps. Also, after been through two stressful terms, you anyways get used to all this.

But apart from studies, there are many more interesting events that term 3 offers. The most important one for me was the placement of the senior batch and that took most of the time. PPTs, laterals processes, long night meetings, interaction with companies and seniors, it was all fun and the most memorable moments at IIMB. Finally, we were relieved when the batch was 100% placed even in these tough times. As, I have mentioned in the earlier blog, its a very complex process and it was a great experience to run the show. Thanks to all of my batchmates and seniors who gave their full support for giving IIMB another successful placement season.

Also, third term is term of fun with Unmaad (cultural festival of IIMB). Because of my other engagements, I wasn't able to attend most of it and wasn't able to participate in the dance competition. Still, I made sure that I save some time to attend KK night and L^2. IIMB was a different place for these days with so many visitors from institutes all over the country which also helped in balancing the gender ratio at campus though only for 3 days.

And who can forget the shooting of bollywood movie 3 Idiots featuring Aamir Khan, Madhavan, Sharman, Kareena, Boman Irani. All of them were on campus for around a month and again campus was more colourful in nights. It was nice to see that along with us somebody else was working late nights. I didn't get the time to go and have pictures with them but Madhavan and Sharman themselves dropped in our placeroom once to have a look at the place and thus giving us a chance to have a photo with them.

So, finally with all these happening events, half MBA is completed and I am here in Dubai enjoying my summer internship. Will talk more about Dubai in later blogs

No comments: